In this FREE course, you will learn how to:
- Install and administer ESXi 8.0 according to best practices
- Perform post install tasks using the Direct Console User Interface
- Join ESXi to Active Directory and grant AD users / groups permissions on ESXi
- Manage ESXi services including NTP, Firewall, and more
- Administer / configure ESXi using Host Client
- Browse log files from the console, via a Web Browser and using Host Client
- Understand and configure Virtual and Physical networking according to best practices
- Configure entry-level shared storage by connecting your ESXi host to an NFS file share
- Design, implement an NFS network for performance, redundancy and security
- Create a new Virtual Machine from scratch
- Import pre-built Virtual Machines
- Review and update Virtual Hardware
- Install a Guest OS into a new Virtual Machine
- Install and verify VMware Tools into a VM
- Work with VM removable media
- Export a VM in Open Virtual Machine (OVF / OVA) format
- Import a VM into ESXi in OVF / OVA format
- Use VMware Remote Consoles and Web Consoles to interact with a VM
And much, much more.
All lessons include both lectures and hands-on lab demo videos to help you understand ESXi 8.0 and that also show you how to perform each task.
This course also includes a free ebook that includes all lecture material (slides and slide notes) and detailed step-by-step instructions on how to complete each lab task.